• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New android user w/ process system error

K_O_land

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hi all. I was looking to find some help with my phone and found this place. I have an unaltered transform. It was working great until about 2 weeks ago. Then it slowed way down, programs wouldn't respond. I did the shutdown and remove battery and reboot. It took about 9 minutes to turn on. Once it finally came on it said:

Sorry!
Process system is not
responding.
(Force Close) (wait) <-------buttons

I hit wait, and phone seemed to run everything, but way slower than before. I tried reboot/battery removal again(5+minutes) and tried force close and got same results.
I have also cleaned out all call/text logs. Phone responded a little better, but way slower than before a few weeks ago.
Anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Samsung skimped on the internal memory of this phone and although the processor is 800 MHz it feels slower because the memory can't keep up. Uninstall some apps and try it again. If nothing works, do a factory reset.
This phone is a prime example of why we need 2.2 froyo which will store apps on SD.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I was looking to find some help with my phone and found this place. I have an unaltered transform. It was working great until about 2 weeks ago. Then it slowed way down, programs wouldn't respond. I did the shutdown and remove battery and reboot. It took about 9 minutes to turn on. Once it finally came on it said:

Sorry!
Process system is not
responding.
(Force Close) (wait) <-------buttons

I hit wait, and phone seemed to run everything, but way slower than before. I tried reboot/battery removal again(5+minutes) and tried force close and got same results.
I have also cleaned out all call/text logs. Phone responded a little better, but way slower than before a few weeks ago.
Anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Actually I'd like you to install 'SystemPanel Lite' for me, and tell me what apps are running in the background and how much memory they're taking, you think you can do that for me?

Upvote 0
ok, app installed and this is what I see running:
Active Apps
com.samsung.internal 12.6M
Email 26M
settings 14.3M
systempanel lite 21.2M
voice search 16.2
Inactive Apps
Calendar 14.4M
LogsProvider 13.4M
My Uploads 13.1M

The memory listed is the resident memory. I dont know what the differences are between resident, shared and effective.
The memory indicator at the top says about 65% used.

Upvote 0
ok, app installed and this is what I see running:
Active Apps
com.samsung.internal 12.6M
Email 26M
settings 14.3M
systempanel lite 21.2M
voice search 16.2
Inactive Apps
Calendar 14.4M
LogsProvider 13.4M
My Uploads 13.1M

The memory listed is the resident memory. I dont know what the differences are between resident, shared and effective.
The memory indicator at the top says about 65% used.

I'd use the Gmail app or K-9 email for Yahoo, or MSN, Email hogs so much memory, also make sure you back out of apps, just keep pressing back till your out of the app, it will close it and save you RAM and VM (Virtual Memory) which in-turn makes your phone faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones