New Android User with Troubles Already!Support

Last Updated:

1. Randy Navarro

Randy Navarro Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the Epic for 3 days now. Long time Palm user. It's been quite an experience!

Here are the troubles and questions I have so far:

1) The phone doesn't ring! The Epic gives me the robotic female voice saying "Call from xxx.xxx.xxxx". I've played with all the phone settings and can't get it to ring. I'm missing calls cuz I can't hear the lady!

2) When listening to a voicemail, I can only respond with another voicemail or delete, or forward it. There isn't an option to Save, Return the phone call, Forward to the next v/m, or place a call from the voicemail.

3) Battery life isn't good. I've read other posts regarding battery life and hope this will get better. It doesn't seem to be getting beteter here on day three. The batt is already down 10% from just sitting here since being unplugged for about 45 minutes with no use!

4) I've searched a lot of places, but I don't think there's an answer. . . is there a decent calendar and planner App out there. Something that compares to the Palm system?

5) What exactly is TouchWiz?

More questions and concerns for me at this point, but this phone seems to be more of a hassle than a "productivity solution."

I'm keeping an open mind cuz I know it's hard to change ways from a Palm to a new system.

Thanks for you help!

Advertisement
  2. gtl408

gtl408 Well-Known Member

My answers in line

3. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have talking caller ID on. I'd turn that off, and make sure the system volume and ringer volume are turned on.

Haven't checked any voice mails yet, so I can't comment on that, being new to Sprint. But I'm sure there must be a way to save voice mail messages, at least I hope there is.

Yeah battery life isn't all that great. Make sure all apps that aren't being used are turned off. Use power saver mode, and either turn the brightness down to 50%, or set it to auto. Also make sure WiFi and 4 G are turned off if you aren't using them. I just bought a car charger, which I'll use any time I use GPS while driving.

If you haven't set up a Goggle account, I'd do that. Goggle has a good calendar you can set up, and sync to your Epic.

TouchWiz is Samsungs user interface that is suppose to enhance the Droid operating system.

I think once you've had the phone for a while, and get it figured out, you'll be happy with it.