New Android user

Last Updated:

1. FoFa

FoFa Member This Topic's Starter

For years, cell phones were just something that sat in my truck, waiting for me to make a call. I had a beeper for work, so that was more than enough "leash" for me at the time.
    Last time I upgrade my cell phone, plus beepers were truly a thing of the past, I figured if i was going to actually use a cell phone, I needed something different. My wife likes Verizon, so I was limited. I bought a Samsung i760 smart phone, but the data plane was $50 a month. After a couple months I quit the data plan, well didn't use it much anyway, and it became an expensive phone for me. But i did like the touch screen, even if the Samsung was too small for me, I had to use a stylus with my big fat fingers. And most folks i worked with had iPhones.
    So my contract ended about the same time as the Droid release.
    I love this phone.
    Not having any preconceived notions about how a phone of this type should work (read previous iPhone user) it is just fine for me. Is it perfect, nope, is an iPhone perfect, nope, are any of them of this ilk perfect, nope. But the data plan is now only $26, and I have a iPhone type device on Verizon. So my wife is happy we still have Verizon, and so far I am ecstatic.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy you visits !! :cool: