1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

*New App* Fora Dictionary: desktop-class dictionary application

Last Updated:

1. NG-Computing

NG-Computing New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 29, 2010
    Fora Dictionary v1.2 for Android is available.

* Suggestions

* Offline dictionaries
    XDXF, StarDict, DICTD and Plain-text dictionary format support (with built-in decompression on demand)

* Online dictionaries
    DICT protocol support with supplementary features (on-line dictionaries)

* HTML
    Rich-text content support for definitions

* Dictionary management
    Unified dictionary management for all types of dictionaries: add, remove, enable/disable, reorder, show information, recommend

* History
    Word history and navigation

* Clipboard lookup
    Lookup from system clipboard

Using local dictionaries stored in sd-card (StarDict, XDXF, DICTD or Plain-text), you can use Fora Dictionary fully offline.

If you have problems downloading from Android Market, you can visit homepage:
    Fora Dictionary for Android: desktop-class dictionary application for your smartphone.

rekipoca likes this.
  2. rowman

rowman New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Do you have experience with this dictionary? Are you satisfied.

I am looking for a good stardict compatible dictionary in android. Is the interface comfortable ? I already have a lot of dictionaries for stardict. I suppose I can use them here also.

Thanks for the information.
  3. rekipoca

rekipoca New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    very useful. i love the pronunciation add on :D thanks for this.

do you have any medical dictionaries there? i need a full version of oxford or merriam-webster
  4. masoudim

masoudim New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Hi. I am using the app on my Android phone and it is great! Thanks for the effort. I have a question regarding adding resource files to the app dictionary. I have a dictionary that I use with Goldendict on my desktop, and it contains a compresses resource file (audio files). I converted the dictionary and it works in fora. I want to know if there is a way I can add the resource files to the dictionary. I tried to do that but fora tried to extract the compressed resource file and since it contained MANY files, basically it took forever, and I had to use some tricks to be able to delete those files from my phone because of the number. As I said, I am looking for a trick to add the resource file to the dictionary in its compressed form. The dictionary is in dsl format (Lingvo). MAny thanks for your help in advance.