• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New App - Parallel Kingdom - Age of Emergence

Gilby3000

Nov 16, 2009
There's a new version of the original and most popular GPS-based MMO for Android. Parallel Kingdom - Age of Emergence just arrived in the Market. It's free-to-play and way better than the earlier versions.

There's tons of new features and new graphics and UI.

Check out the trailer here:
YouTube - Parallel Kingdom - Age of Emergence Trailer

Has anyone else tried the game out?

I'm a developer so I'd love to hear your feedback and honest reviews :)

I tried it and quite frankly I don't quite get it.

The first time ever I logged in I was in one geographical location (work, don't tell my boss :)), had my dog and everything.

I can't remember exactly what happened, being new to the game and all, but I was told that I should unleash the dog or something, to let it heal (details are fuzzy).

The next time I logged into the game I was in a different location (home), so I was spawned there.

Every time I log into the game I get a message about walking the dog or something, but this time I didn't have any dog, I guess my dog stayed in my original geographical location.

Also, I want to build a flag to claim a territory, but it says something about not having enough leather. I have no idea on how to get leather.

I clicked on the "help" button and it took me so some forums. I was expecting some actual documentation on the game.

Confused, I closed the game and played something else.

Upvote 0
The tutorial is pretty essential to learning the basics. I believe it told you to tap your Dog and tell it to "Stay." If you don't do this, it will fight with you and most likely die since it's pretty weak.

To get your dog back, just go to your "Items" menu and tap your Dog Whistle. Choose "Call Dog to Hunt" and he'll pop back up right next to you.

Then use your Dog to visit new places. Just tap your Dog and choose "Walk Dog." He'll bring you to new places with monsters and resources to collect.

To get Leather, just kill stuff. Many of the creatures you encounter will drop Leather after you kill them.

Hope this helps. Give it another shot and let me know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Been playing the last couple of days, and besides not having any local open territory, its been fun. I'd like to see some kind of quests added to the game to give more purpose to playing, but stuff like that can be added later :)

If anyone wants to find me, I am 'TheGremlyn'.

Upvote 0
One question I have is about the flags.

There's someone in my area that seems to have tried out the game, and laid quite a few flags down, so I can't use them.

Can I set up my own flags in his space, or does he sort of "own" that territory?

I know you can request permission to use someone else's flags (if they're not already public flags), but this particular person hasn't logged on in over 3 weeks, so it seems like he played the game for a day or two, and hasn't gone back.

Will flags eventually disappear if a person doesn't play for a certain period of time?

Upvote 0
One question I have is about the flags.

There's someone in my area that seems to have tried out the game, and laid quite a few flags down, so I can't use them.

Can I set up my own flags in his space, or does he sort of "own" that territory?

I know you can request permission to use someone else's flags (if they're not already public flags), but this particular person hasn't logged on in over 3 weeks, so it seems like he played the game for a day or two, and hasn't gone back.

Will flags eventually disappear if a person doesn't play for a certain period of time?

I would suggest first, selecting one of his flags and "Request Passage." Even if someone is inactive, they will still be notified via e-mail when someone requests passage (if they have e-mail notifications turned on) so he might log back in and give you passage on all his flags.

If you don't hear back in a day or so, I'd start attacking his flags. You can look at his profile to see when he was last active so if its longer than a couple weeks, you should be ok. If by chance he logs back in, just tell him you thought he was inactive and you'd appreciate rite of passage.

Oh, I just remembered that if he is an iPhone user, you might not be able to attack his stuff. The game still isn't approved for Apple so all the old accounts are protected until they can get back in.

If that's the case, use the Dog Whistle in your Items list and have him bring you to some fresh territory. That's a pretty good way to get around.

Upvote 0
I cannot get parallel kingdom on my htc tattoo android 1.6 market, could someone please send me the apk. file to: bscholtz.bds2@gmail.com.

thanks
Ben

In 2-4 weeks, we will be issuing an updated client to the Android Market which will solve this issue. Apparently this HTC Tattoo issue is a pretty common problem with a lot of apps. Wish it was coming sooner but hold on tight and it will be here before you know it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones