New Aria arrives Thursday

Last Updated:

1. whitenack

whitenack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm pretty excited about it. This is my first Android phone. I've got some work to do in getting all my data transferred to Google from Palm Desktop, but I can't wait. I've already been bookmarking all the apps I want to install.

Advertisement
  2. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Well then welcome to Android! The Aria is my first Android as well though I have been following it(Android) for about a year and a half now. The Aria is a fantastic phone and I've love it :D

Looking forward to your thoughts on it :)

3. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

woo grats... if ya have any questions ask away!

4. arcticXpanda

arcticXpanda Active Member

Same situation with me, first phone but i've followed it since the early days.
    i was debating getting the palm pre plus (don't hate, i love the cleanness of webos, i know a lot of people dont.)

but i'm hoping i made the right decision. =]

5. whitenack

Yeah, I currently have a Palm Treo, so I naturally assumed the Pre would be my next phone. However, the more I read, the more I realized that Palm is way behind.

6. arcticXpanda

agreed.
    palm is behind the curve, and especially with the buyout from hp, i thought hp might drop webos and start something new, leaving pre owners in the dust

but apparently they plan on releasing more webos devices, including cell phones

i like webos, but i wish it had some simple additions, like widgets and stuff.

7. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

I think you've been reading my posts and now you're trying to emulate me...

Just kiddin. You pretty much summed up many of my posts before the Aria was released, I was heavily debating getting the Pre Plus. WebOS is... well amazing. One place I'll disagree with you though is by saying WebOS is behind the curve. I feel it's easily on par with Android except in the area of the SDK and optimizing their code.

Really if Palm had a little bit better hardware to backup WebOS they'd be a real player in the smartphone game.

In the meantime I'll be loving my Aria.

8. whitenack

What really opened my eyes and made me start looking around was finding out that Palm went away from Palm Desktop. If the Pre won't sync with PD, it is no different than any other smartphone out there. What tipped the scales to Android was the integration with Google and all of its apps. The Pre can do some of these things, but not all, and I am worried that it will continue to be left out of future opportunities.

9. arcticXpanda

Yeah I've been waiting for fedex to deliver our families phones all day and it feels like an eternity. I get anxious haha

but i like both android and webos, and i wanted the iphone at first, but i already have my ipod touch and really i wasn't overly interested.