1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

new ascend user can't clear all of browser historySupport

Last Updated:

1. eto

eto Well-Known Member

When I go type in an internet address I see alot of previous addreses that I thought I cleared out using reset and clear history in sub menu. But the still remain. How do I remove them so when i go to search or load a new website I don't see the blast 10 or so entries?

also I've been reading a little and see rooted androids(My Ascend) and unrooted androids, what is the difference?

Advertisement
  2. The Prodigy

The Prodigy Well-Known Member

Rooting allows u to clear pre installed apps to improve phone and could ultimately lead to a better experience through customizing and over clocking
    As far as clearing your history, I'm not sure clear cache,bookmarks, and everything u can.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

I believe you are asking about the GOOGLE search history.If so,on the GOOGLE home page,select SETTINGS,then select your preferred choices & don't forget to push the SAVE button @ the bottom of the page.
    I hope this works for you,but,I have found that I have to re-set my options on the GOOGLE settings from time to time as they always seem to default to something other than what I want to have the options set at.

If anyone else has experienced this and/or has any suggestions/answers to resolving this,we'd like to hear from you.
  4. awgz17

awgz17 Active Member

I "saved" my settings (on the google settings page) and right after I exited the browser I went back in and the settings went back to what they were before I saved my changes. :cool:
  5. JenniRose

JenniRose Member

have your tried settings>search>clear search shortcuts? that will at least clear your quick search box history :D
  6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Clear cache for the browser apps ;)

Be warned it will clear everything saved in the browser i.e. saved logins, favorites, etc.
  7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

8. awgz17

awgz17 Active Member

So it'll clear my favorite websites, as in I'll have to go to those sites again and re-save them again?
  9. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

No, it won't delete your bookmarks.
  10. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The mods are going to delete this. They don't like that site being mentioned.