• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New AT&T N1 rooted..couple of quick questions...

Chad H

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
Hey guys,
Just got my Nexus one in yesterday for AT&T and just love it. I moved from an iPhone because of everything being so closed off. So, I rooted my N1 last night with cyanogen 5.0.7.1 mod and everything is working great. I'm loving the trackball to wake and the other features I have found so far. I just have a couple of questions. Facebook will not load for some reason, no force close just won't update the news feed. I have lost my 3G symbol and not it has a "H" in place of it. Lastly, I downloaded set cpu and noticed it will clock to 1.1Ghz, is this stable? I want to overclock just needed some suggestions on settings. Thanks for any help guys, I'm just getting into the world of Android and its great! :)

-Chad

did you also flash the google addons provided by cyanogen? that may resolve your facebook issue
"H" symbol is for HSPA or something along those lines, but it shouldn't affect your speed at all
yes, CM 5.0.7.1, he is using pershoot's kernel, which is overclocked to 1.1Ghz and it is stable; since you have setCPU installed, you can change the profiles to fit your needs as far as overclocking/underclocking

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
Just got my Nexus one in yesterday for AT&T and just love it. I moved from an iPhone because of everything being so closed off. So, I rooted my N1 last night with cyanogen 5.0.7.1 mod and everything is working great. I'm loving the trackball to wake and the other features I have found so far. I just have a couple of questions. Facebook will not load for some reason, no force close just won't update the news feed. I have lost my 3G symbol and not it has a "H" in place of it. Lastly, I downloaded set cpu and noticed it will clock to 1.1Ghz, is this stable? I want to overclock just needed some suggestions on settings. Thanks for any help guys, I'm just getting into the world of Android and its great! :)

-Chad

I have been having the same problems with my Facebook app also. I am just going to wait this one out. As for the H in place of the 3G it stands for HSPA. You are still connected to 3G. As for the overclock I am not sure.

Upvote 0
Wont change your speed so there is no need to get hooked up on the H. The rom is not overclocked stock, cyanogen has been openly against overclocked roms. It is slightly undervolted but only to the low end of the stock qualcomm spec which is not as much as pershoots or intersect ravens kernal drops it. I would read up on overclocking a little, it something you should take the time to fully understand as far as the basics go before you proceed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones