• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Battery Capacity vs. Software

DjMikeWatt

Nov 4, 2009
I just bought a new extended battery for my Vibrant (running 2.2.) My question is, will my phone's software recognize the difference in capacity or not? Basically, will the batter indicator % be accurate or will it still be based on a 1500 mAh battery?

Does that make sense?

Also, I'd certainly appreciate any responses, however, I'd really prefer responses only if you actually *know* something about it... I can assume that it would work fine, but I don't have the detailed knowledge of Android to know for sure.

THANKS, community!

it should work fine. although i would advise you to use the Battery Calibration app

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even know about those battery calibration apps. There is a problem, though... I currently have 2.2 on my phone and have been unable to root. I've yet to find an easy root for 2.2 (always comes up as unsigned something or other.)

Do any of the apps work without root access? Or, does anyone know if there is a good root process that will work on 2.2?

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with this. I've downloaded the package *with* drivers. When I plug in my phone it says that it's an unrecognized device (debugging is on). When I choose driver details in settings it says no driver is installed. When I choose to update it and I point it to the samsung drivers folder, it tells me that "the best driver is already installed."

Which file should I choose to force the driver update? They're not exactly named in plain english.

Thanks for you help so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones