New Battery lasts two days!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. james1808

james1808 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new battery from a company on Ebay.

Its a 1700mAh That fits directly in to the phone with no big back add ons, Which i really did not like the look of, good idea but with the extra weight and ugly looks id rather charge my phone twice a day:)

So i took a gamble and baught the new battery:confused: Always worried it could be garbage and a waste of money. The battery arrived and i fitted it and left it on charge for around 16 hours.

Finally got the phone off charged and used it as i would usually, made sure all the settings were the same ie. screen brightness and wifi were off and so on.... The battery lasted considerably longer by around 40% again.

BUT:confused: It could still be killed pretty quickly with heavy usage. I tried a couple more settings to make it last longer. I found when i turned (only use the g2 network on) it was saving the battery for hours longer.

I have now had the phone on for 2 days without turning it off and normal usage. I am amazed by just turning this off, how even a standard battery can last a lot longer.

Would love to know if there are many more tips for battery life? Its becoming an obsession to see how long i can make it last for.

Cheers:)

Advertisement
  2. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

I went from 7 hours of life to 11+ hours by changing how often my email is checked. Changed from every minute to every 10 minutes.

3. RUDZ

RUDZ Member

got a link to the ebay auction?

4. james1808

5. james1808

Sorry for the late responce, been at work all day. There's a link its the UK ebay but I think they deliver everywhere.

Also I found today when I had no signal the battery has drained a lot more than usual?

Does the phone use more power to find signal?

Please let me know, I'm not sure if you could do much about that tho : )

Cheers

6. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Cellular signal? Yes. A lot of people don't realize that most cell phones (and I suspect the G1) do not operate at full power all of the time. This results in less radiation for the user. If you are in a cellular "hole" or otherwise don't have a strong cell tower nearby the cell phone will increase it's signal and power consumption in an attempt to compensate.

7. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

what do you guys do to make your batteries need charging twice a day? mines always lasted 2 days with a fair bit of internet use, and playing with the emulators. could get 3 days with it on red bar. this is with the supplied battary.

8. RokyKing

RokyKing Member

You must have an awfully good battery mate. Or never make phone calls/text. Mine is generally almost dead by the end of the work day.

Unless I have it sitting on a charger throughout the workday.

lol ;)