• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Battery Problem- odd flashing lights

lpycrgj

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Hi there,

Ive just recieved the following battery that i was going to use as a spare.

Genuine HTC BA S410 Battery for HTC Desire and Google: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

However, after putting it in the phone and sticking it on charge, the phone won't turn on. Instead the orange led and then the green led flash at the top about every 5 seconds. After googling the problem haven't found any description of the odd flashing lights.

The phone is fine with the old battery, but still wont turn on with the new one.

Anybody have any ideas? Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

What I dont really understand how it could be a temperature problem. Like i say, i can easily take the new battery out, put the old one in and it works straight away. With the new battery it just fails to turn on, but the lights continue indefinately, if the phone was overheating, i pressume it would have to be turned on first to start overheating. It wouldnt raise the temperature rediculous amounts straight away would it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones