• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories new battery recommendations please

If you investigate that amazon link, they can be had for as little as $1.49.. If the $4.99 shipping is for multiple batteries, you could buy 3 or 4 for a pretty good deal.
Usually these kind of deals are using a per-item shipping charge - they assume they will collect $6.48 for each battery. I checked this one, and sure enough . . . "Rates are based on shipping a single item. Purchasing multiple items results in multiple shipping charges--there are no "per shipment" and "per item" charges, as there are when you buy directly from Amazon.com." No matter - the shipped cost of a battery doesn't seem too bad at all, certainly compared to what my RAZR batteries used to cost. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I bought two spare batteries last summer. My door gets slipped off at least twice daily to replace batteries, (even though I am now down to 2 batteries again since I washed one of them), and my door is still just as tight as the day I bought the phone.

I, too, bought them off of Amazon, but was fooled into buying used batteries instead of new batteries (even though I did not pay a lot at all, the advertisement did say new).

It depends upon which works for you. For me, having a battery that does not work in docks and in my case makes it a deal breaker for me.

Upvote 0
I bought two spare batteries last summer. My door gets slipped off at least twice daily to replace batteries, (even though I am now down to 2 batteries again since I washed one of them), and my door is still just as tight as the day I bought the phone.

I, too, bought them off of Amazon, but was fooled into buying used batteries instead of new batteries (even though I did not pay a lot at all, the advertisement did say new).

It depends upon which works for you. For me, having a battery that does not work in docks and in my case makes it a deal breaker for me.

The extended battery works fine with any case as long as you leave the battery door off.

Upvote 0
Bought one on Amazon for like $4. Seems like a legit OEM battery....

BUT...

The manufacture date is from 9/2009. My original Droid battery was made in 8/2009. The "new" battery works about the same as my original....so now I have 2 batteries that last about 15hrs.

So be warned....even if you get a NEW battery from Amazon (which I did)...NEW may just mean that it was never used and has been sitting on a shelf for 18 months and may be no better than your current battery.

Now I am looking for someone who is selling a recently manufactured battery for a Droid....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones