• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New boot loop problem

BlakeEA

Lurker
May 11, 2015
I'm posting this because I've read a lot of posts about boot loops on the Tab 2 10.1 and think this one is slightly different. About a month ago, after charging my tab overnight, I went to turn it on and it would turn on get to the home screen and then restart after about 20-30 seconds. I started googling boot loop problems with my device and have tried the the following (I'm a newby at this):
downloaded Odin 1.85, the firmware for my tab (took forever) 4.2.2 and tried flashing the firmware. Odin said it was successful but no change to my tab. Tried repeatedly with other versions of Odin but only 1.85 says it succeeds but still no change to my tab.
When my tab starts I notice the following: blocking mode starts, norton begins to scan tab, and then it shows a system update notification (which I've tried to run but it restarts before I get very far). At first it tried to update some apps but it doesn't seem to be trying to do that anymore. No matter what changes I make in the 20-30 seconds, even if I get it turned off before it restarts, it all returns after it reboots.
The attached file is a pic of my tablets "about device".
20150512_085417.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones