New budget gamiing build

1. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member Contributor

I know, Intel probably has the AMD Cpu beat, but i've had great luck with AMD cpu's and would be hard pressed to buy from the enemy.

My wife bought me COD:BO2 for X-mas and want to build a W7 system, as I hate, hate, hate the aesthetics with W8. Should be a good system as I already ordered and spent over $900 and that is including using a few hard drives and DVD burners from my current system.

I already know I'll be pushing the CPU as far as I can, hopefully around 4.5ghz. The rest of the system is gravy as long as I can game as I do now.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I added bullets to your list so it is a lot easier to see he individual products.

Looks like a nice build overall....
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

One thing.... the link to the AMD 7890 states a minimum of a 500W PSU. If you intend overclocking your CPU and running the RAM at 1600Mhz then you'll require headroom over and above that minimum spec for stability.

Yup, I know I'm sounding like a stuck record but I've seen the carnage an under-specced PSU can do to a system.... it's not worth it. :(
  4. jhtalisman

Using my old PC power & cooling 750w from my current rig. It has ran a Crossfire X system and has plenty of leftover to spare.
    Slug likes this.
  5. jhtalisman

Thanks, was tired this morning.
  6. jhtalisman

Got the case Saturday, everything else is on the truck for delivery. Hope it gets here early enough today that I can wake up and build it before work tonight.
  7. jhtalisman

Welp, it's built and a beast. The ssd was definitely worth it.