New, but I'll try not to be a complete idiot.

Last Updated:

1. blastoff99

blastoff99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, everybody.

I'm totally new to the whole smartphone thing, but I'm pretty good at the internets so I've got "Search" figured out. I'll try to use it instead of creating new dumb threads for stuff that's been discussed a zillion times.

I've been doing some lurking around this site and learning that the more I find out, the more I need to find out. My HTC Incredible won't be here for three weeks, so says Verizon. In other words, I've got time to learn some stuff, and that's good. I very much appreciate the good info on this site, and a big thanks to alostpacket and the thread about keeping safe from virii and the like.

Don't expect me to post anything intelligent and you won't be disappointed. :)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi Blastoff,

You think you're stupid? Ha! I'm too stupid to use an alias! I use my real name! Well, my story is that I had a windows mobile smartphone and was frustrated with it for years, especially after the iphone came out. Then came Android (cue angelic chorus). I was hooked. I liked the feel, the freedom and the features. They beat iPhone hands down. There is NOTHING out there like Google Nav, for example.. NOTHING!

I started posting in February on a mega thread of people waiting for the incredible. In fact, I was the most prolific poster. I was at about 2100 posts with the phone came out. Most of what I posted wasn't understandable, let alone intelligent, so don't feel bad about posting. One thing about me was that I was helpful, so they volunteered me for this Guide job thingy. So, I'm here talking to you, therefore. I would probably have been here anyway.

Anyhoo, in the "incredible" section, there are a few sub topics. One is support (feel free to ask support questions and advice even before you get your phone) and another is tips and tricks. You can always ask software type questions too. Heck, there's even a thread that's called the "lounge" where you can talk about anything, even off topic stuff.

So, I wanna see you there and I want to see you talk, even if you think it's stupid, ok? HTC Incredible - Android Forums If you need anything PM me.

Take care,
    Steven

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :)

Make sure to read the forum rules/policies and enjoy the tremendous amount of info found on here!

4. blastoff99

blastoff99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the welcome, Steven!