New Calendar Events Not Syncing

Last Updated:

1. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my gmail, contacts, and calendar syncing with my google account. Everything seems to be working fine except for the calendar. It's only doing a one-way sync - events from my google calendar are syncing to my phone but events created on my phone are not syncing to my calendar.

Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Advertisement
  2. DannyB

DannyB Well-Known Member

I have noticed that also.

3. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Well when you create an event there is a calendar selection entry. You need to select your google calendar entry from there in order for it to show up on the google calendar. It still shows up on the phones calendar but it syncs to your google calendar.

skinien likes this.
  4. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Worked, thanks! Do you know if there's a way to make the google calendar the default so you don't have to select it each time you add an event?

5. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Have not found anything to do that yet.

6. Pema108

Pema108 Member

I got really fed up needing to choose google sync for each and every calendar entry. I am a total android newbie so don't know any other solutions except to try a 3rd party calendar app. I've been using Jorte calendar and this one will automatically sync with my google calendar after the default is set. I'm loathe to pay for any apps before my 30 days are up, so this one is free. There may be other better ideas offered by those who know more than I about android/Captivate. :)