• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Captivate, couple quick questions

ableman42

Jan 19, 2011
New Captivate-

1) Getting my Itunes music. I downloaded Double Twist to my desktop but haven't had time to use it.

- Is that the best tool to use Itunes on my desktop but have that transferred to my phone? Do I also need the app from the market?

- Anything I should be alert to, any unique snags?

2) Can you recommend a good app to store encrypted passwords?

Thanks, loving the phone!

Sean

As a recovering Iphone user, could you be more specific? What do you use to buy the music?

Already mentioned in the link I provided. ;)

Do you just drag the music from the comp to the phone music folder?
If it originated on the PC, yes (bought online, ripped from CD, etc). But Android lets you purchase and download directly to the phone, without using a PC. Something you can't do on iTunes/iPhone.

It's always good to break away from the iPhone/iTunes mentality. Apple has brainwashed people into thinking that things only can/should be done in a certain way. ;)

Upvote 0
If you're still looking for an Itunes alternative, I've found success with Isyncr: iSyncr FAQ - Basic | JRT Studio

I tried the free version, and ended up buying the wifi one so I can have my music sync wirelessly. I like it because I can manage all my playlists and rate my songs, and switch things up fairly easily (as there's no way I could fit my whole library on the phone itself). You can use Isyncr with DoubleTwist too.

Maybe I am stuck in the apple mentality, but I'm pretty happy with this app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones