new Captivate Questions

1. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a new Captivate; It's the first android phone I've ever had, though I've wanted one for a while. It's amazing, but I have a couple of questions.

One: My phone heats up during normal usage. It's not plugged in, but after roughly 3 minutes of Android Market surfing, it gets almost too hot to touch. THen it takes like ten minutes too cool off. I've been laying it on a cooling pad my laptop uses when at home. Is this a problem? Is there any way to fix this?
    Two: It's running the 2.1 system, but i know 2.2 is coming out. How do i upgrade to 2.2? Will it be in a system update? Or will I have to download it?
    Three: When I talk on speakerphone, the mic stops picking up my voice after about 5 minutes. I was talking to my girlfriend and suddenly she couldn't hear me. It's not her phone (Samsung FLIGHT) because mine has done this to other people on calls. If I take it off speaker and reactivate speaker immediately it fixes it. What's the deal?

Advertisement
  2. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

1. Warm is ok too hot to touch? Nope, not good
    2. You will download it via settings>software update when it becomes available
    3. Not sure whats going on there but with the other issue (heat) along with this.... a new phone might be the wisest thing. At least that is my opinion but others might have better advice for you

Welcome Aboard by the way

Note: My phone gets warm but its nothing major. Its not even something I really notice.

Idle mine is @ 34 celsius
    after a 10 min call it was @ 39-40
  3. chrisphoenix7

:)Thank you!

Well, it's not too hot to touch, but it does make my hand sweat. I tend to exaggerate. But the other thing.... That's literal. It's every 5 minutes. But it doesn't do it if it's up to my ear....
  4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

1) dont think it shouldn't get warm at all, IMO. My phone doesnt get warm when playing with it. If I'm on the phone, okay, it might be warm but from normal use, my phone stays cool all the time.

2) when any updates are released, you can go to the software updates in the menu and check for updates.

3) i would say you have a defective phone. go back to the store or call AT&T for this issue and the heat issue as well. Both is not normal, IMO.
  5. chrisphoenix7

Ok, I got the mic to work. Noise reduction was on, when I turned it off, I took a one-hour call and it never turned off. I also got an app for the heat issue. Highest it ever read: after 10 minutes of android market and NOTHING ELSE, it read 54 degrees celsius. I couldn't hold it. The screen literally burned my fingertip; it looks like a sunburn. Serious problem, right? It does this when on internet, market, games or other apps, just about everything. Texting and calls don't do it; calls heat it a little bit, but everything else just continually burns it up. Should I return?
  6. chrisphoenix7

Okay, replaced the battery and now it won't pass 47 degrees, even when using while charging.