New CES Droid Bionic VidGeneral

1. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    jroc likes this.
  2. grn4frk

grn4frk Active Member

I hope it's faster then that. I watched a TB video yesterday, it takes about 20 seconds to turn on and everything is instant. Every bionic video (including this one) still lags a little bit when opening apps or even the camera. I'm really hoping for an Iphone like camera with this phone, my X has 8MP camera but it takes horrible quality photos compared to Iphone and it takes a while to load and go back to home screen. So far the bionic seems to do the same. That would suck but I remember hearing like only one of the processors was working at CES and i'm sure they're making performance adjustments...they better be for making us wait forever.
  3. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of the lag is due to the unpolishedness of the phone itself. I'll reserve any judgments on the choppiness until the phone is much closer to coming out.

I agree, though, it does look a lot thinner than I expected. For some reason, I expected it to be more bulky. /shrug
  4. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

the thickness is a little thinner than the original moto droid I believe which isnt really that bad at all.
  5. The Bionic at CES was in no way finished. It was actually running off of a single core at the time (the other core was not being used by the OS yet) and the UI was not finished. Moto just wanted to get the phone at CES to show people what was in store.

When the phone releases, rest assured it will be significantly better than what people played with at CES. Engadget will be posting a review of the Atrix very soon, so that will help you see what these phones will be capable of.
  6. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Original droid was .5" bionic is .52". For referance the iphone4 is .37".
  7. Eleer

Eleer Well-Known Member

Does anybody other than me think that the Bionic's interface is unbelievably ugly?
  8. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

It's WAaaaaaaaaay better then the droid, droid2 and droidx. I actually like it!
  9. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

In terms of size, it doesn't look like that guy is having too much trouble with it. He could, of course, have monster hands. Would make sense for Motorola to have one of their larger reps go to one of these things knowing how many videos would be taken.

Still, I'm not detracted.