• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new clockwork

I was doing a little searching before I installed it and I think I read that starting with v5.0.0.1, since it uses tar to make the backups, your old system backups will no longer work? Did I misread that?

Personally that's not really a big deal since my backups are made at major system updates (kernels or roms) and so far everything is peachy to the point where the old backups are just nice to look at in the list.

Reactions: trapperjohn
Upvote 0
I was doing a little searching before I installed it and I think I read that starting with v5.0.0.1, since it uses tar to make the backups, your old system backups will no longer work? Did I misread that?

Personally that's not really a big deal since my backups are made at major system updates (kernels or roms) and so far everything is peachy to the point where the old backups are just nice to look at in the list.

an excellent question. ive not done any research on it at all. it wouldnt really be a big deal to me,either,if thats the case... its easy to install an older clockwork in the unlikely event youd need to restore an older bakcup. :)

Upvote 0
I can't make a backup on the new clockwork. I get an error saying that "error processing ROM Manager script. Please Verify that you have v 4.4.0.0 installed."

That can't be good. I will try to unstall and reinstall but I know I'm running the most current version.

Before that error, I got one saying it couldn't verify my sd card maker. But that went away now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones