New contacts default contact group?

1. 21stcn

21stcn New Member

Hi there,

I haven't been able to find anything on the web that addresses this question specifically although maybe I am missing something simple.

I'm on Android 4.1.1. Whenever I add a new contact, it is automatically assigned to the contact group "Unassigned Contacts". I know I can manually select a group when adding the contact, but is there not a way to set a default contact group for new contacts?

I add many new contacts in a week and by virtue of me adding them, I want them to be in 'My Contacts" or any group that is not unassigned. The problem with unassigned is that they do not display in contacts list by choice as there are hundreds of them and I dont want them there on my phone, most being email addresses.

Is there a way to set a default contact group for new contacts added on my phone so that I don't have to do it manually every time?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Are you saving them to Google? Because mine saves automatically to "My Contacts".
  3. 21stcn

21stcn New Member

Yes I am saving them to google. So this shows that there is variability in this function which means there should be a method to change the default group. Does anyone know? Surely this is pretty basic.