• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New contacts default contact group?

21stcn

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Hi there,

I haven't been able to find anything on the web that addresses this question specifically although maybe I am missing something simple.

I'm on Android 4.1.1. Whenever I add a new contact, it is automatically assigned to the contact group "Unassigned Contacts". I know I can manually select a group when adding the contact, but is there not a way to set a default contact group for new contacts?

I add many new contacts in a week and by virtue of me adding them, I want them to be in 'My Contacts" or any group that is not unassigned. The problem with unassigned is that they do not display in contacts list by choice as there are hundreds of them and I dont want them there on my phone, most being email addresses.

Is there a way to set a default contact group for new contacts added on my phone so that I don't have to do it manually every time?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones