1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

new cool game Gold Rush

Last Updated:

1. peterwww

peterwww New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I just saw a cool new Gold Rush game on android market in the Brains and Puzzle section. Pretty fun and the graphics are really nice. Finally a new puzzle game that is not Sudoku. Its pretty fun to blow up rocks/trees, ride carts through tunnels, run away from water to find the gold and the tunnel that will take you to the next level.

Peter

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Anything not Sudoku is fine with me. Never did like that very much. 123456789.......
    What is the actual name? Lots of things come up under "Gold Rush".

California Gold Rush?
    Kinda like Gem Miner only not as claustrophobic :). Hard to get out of the game ;)

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Welcome! Very altruistic of you to join the forum and turn us on to a new game!

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Oops didn't notice that myself and i said I would start pointing that out.

5. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't these guys just say something along the line, "I made this game called [Insert name here, and I think that you are going to like it"

People are smarter than you give them credit for. Trying to trick us into believing that you just found this game and had to sign up to this forum to tell people about it is pretty pathetic.

6. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member

The graphics are on the dinky side on my Droid X. But it's sorta fun tapping around the screen finding gold and trying to figure things out. Whoops! I caused a flood and drowned!! Okay, restart level. Oh no! I just blew myself up!! Haha I'll figure this thing out yet!!! :)

7. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I've got your back.

8. Pushwall

Okay I played the first level. The one thing I would like is the option of having the game area zoomed in a bit and scrollable like the PC java version shown here. It's a cute little puzzle game but very hard on my eyes because of the tiny pixel graphics on my Droid X.

9. peterwww

peterwww New Member This Topic's Starter

jcash3 -> fair enough, but I think you are all very smart.

Anyway, game has been done in 2002 for J2me and converted with the microemu libraries. Smart guys doing that library, its opensource at MicroEmulator - Overview
    The emulator you found has been done with the same libraries.

As for the graphics, they have been done using lightwave. Yep, there are 3D models of the puppet, gold rocks, cars, rails etc. Unfortunately, it will take a bit more time to render those again to bigger images. You know back in the days there were only screensizes of 176x208 and smaller.

So hopefully there will be a zoomed in version for android like the emulator you found. Actually the emulator has a resolution of 240x320 and thats why it looks bigger or more zoomed in.

But would like to put in skeletons running around that you have to chop with your axe , running away for cave ins, taking elevators and hiding for flying bats. But well, we will see.

Pushwall likes this.
  10. Pushwall

Wow, major cool stuff! I'm crossing my fingers that some of those features make it in the game. Thanks for the info update! :cool: