New Customer - Please Advise

1. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

We recently switched from Vzw to Sprint for a number of reasons but we're having a lot of trouble with the service and need advice. We're just over 1/2 through our 14 day trial.

We live in an area with the strongest Sprint signal all over both for voice and data. We checked carefully before switching and so did Sprint's customer service. However, we're having tons of problems with the service! We don't receive calls, we can't make calls, the phones switch to roaming for both voice and data. I can't get my Google Voice messages because ??? but the little icon just keeps spinning (on my still active VZW phone, I had no problems). I've looked up on the Network Vision website on Sprint.com and all of our towers are getting speed upgraded within the next 6 months and some will be voice and other upgrades as well. I've consistently checked the radio/antenna signal strength and it seems fairly decent and when I've been able to check it our Samsung Galaxy S3's pull slightly better reception by the numbers than the HTC Evo 4G LTE. Customer service couldn't figure out the problem after having me go through some troubleshooting with our phones and then said we'd need to take them to our local repair center for them to troubleshoot. We drove the 30 min to get there only to find out that the SGS3 is too new and not available to be put in the "Slate" program to see what, if anything is going wrong.

Please, please any advice as to what to do would be wonderful. We don't have a corporate store nearby so only can do phone or online sales/support. We really want this to work with Sprint, we really do. But we shouldn't be roaming on both voice and data in areas where Sprint has their strongest coverage and missing calls like this, being unable to get messages is not acceptable.

Anything you could recommend would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

Everyone in my family has left Sprint as the service quality degraded the the point where calls could not even be made from inside the house. You can be sure it's not the phone it's the towers and all you can do is demand a dongle (airave) to piggyback your home internet. But that only leads to more headaches down the road especially if your home internet goes down for an extended period of time.

I suggest looking into what carrier others in your area are using and stick with whomever has the best coverage where you need it most. If you want to stay with Sprint without the commitment then get a Boost phone. It's virtually the same service with a limited number of devices that you have to buy outright.
  3. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

That seems really weird. What did they say about the Evo? Or did you not bring it? Do you have problems with signal outside your house?

If you have broadband internet access at your house you can try an AirRave (or whatever they're calling them now) and see if that helps. Talk to Sprint about it, I don't know if they would extend your 14 day trial period to help cover experimenting with that but it couldn't hurt to ask.
  4. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Thanks. They didn't want to extend the 14 days and the customer service reps were scared of the date and were like make sure if you're gonna cancel you do it several days before the end of the 14 days! Crazy. I don't have any EVO both of us had the SGS3. So anyway...I really appreciate your help and advice. Unfortunately, we're now former Sprint customers. Maybe after network vision is complete, if they don't start changing up their unlimited plans like all the other carriers, we'll look at them again.

Thanks again!
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

You did the right thing. I heard some stores were extending the return date for people but customer service is charging the ETF anyway. (something that could be worked out but definitely a pain for a customer to deal with)