• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new D4 user.

Hey guys I am thinking about switching to this phone from the transform ultra. Just trying to find out some info about it, tried checking the root guide but didn't see anything in there.

Anyways, jjust trying to figure out how difficult it is to root and rom this phone, also what ones are out there. Thanks guys appreciate it. Oh one other thing how do y'all like the phone? Ups and downs of it.

Don't know about ROMing, but rooting is easy with the Motofail method. Make sure you have the Motorola drivers installed. After that, you just download and unzip the file. Then you plug the Droid 4 in (USB debugging mode enabled please) into a USB port and launch the RUN.BAT file.

Well with that said it raises 2 questions for me, one where can I get the motofail file. 2 is there a way to use ics with root yet? I wanna try ICS but don't want to run the risk of not having the ability to root/rom. Just know there's a ton of verizon and motorola bloatware that I want to get rid of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones