New deaf guy has questions....

Last Updated:

1. jas2k9

jas2k9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just received my new Samsung Captivate.

I have paired with my car's blue tooth and my hearing aids blue tooth devices.

When I turn them off the phone stays in blue tooth mode, I assume that drains the battery fast - is there a way to automatically turn that off when no blue tooth is engaged?

I am deaf, and my hearing aids employ bluetooth, can I send music to my hearing aids via blue tooth - or must I use the headphones?

I sent a text to my wife, and at some point messed up the number, so I can send them but every reply comes from the wrong number and I can't reply easily - how can I remove that incorrect number for good and start over?

My kids and I were in a restaurant, they both have ATT 3g phones and had lots of bars and service. I had none - is that normal?

If I am not actively engaged on the net or checking emails am I draining my data allotment?

If I am in an area with wi-fi, will that trump my data allotment (that is save it for other useage)?

More questions to follow - thanks in advance for any tips tricks or anything that will help me learn the phone quickly.

Advertisement
  2. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Not sure if you can automatically turn off the bluetooth or not.

You will probably have to try to send the music to your hearing aids on your own. Just see if the phone can pair with them and go from there.

If you are in an area with Wi-Fi and you are on the Wi-Fi network (you will see the wi-fi icon in the task bar), then you are not using any of your network allotment of data.

I am not sure I understand your text message wrong number problem. Never heard that one before.

If you should have 5 bars of service in an area and you are getting 0 with your Captivate, it might be time to exchange it for another one.

jas2k9 likes this.
  3. jas2k9

Thanks for your reply. Bluetooth is working better now. It pairs and recognizes things faster and engages well.

Now have streaming music to my hearing aids wirelessly, should have had a bluetooth smartphone years ago.

Still getting the wrong number in all texts from my wife - making it a real pain to reply to her.

I can't seem to get ATT instant chat to engage so that I can ask them straight away - with no on hold issues!

Cheers.

4. Baldilocks

I've never heard of that problem with text messages before. You might have to actually go IN to an AT&T store to see if they can figure out what's going on with that.

5. jas2k9

I may do just that - if time allows, that's why I prefer that popup of instant help on ATT, but it seems to not be there too often anymore.

6. Baldilocks

You never know when those online 'reps' will respond...

7. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

You can turn the bluetooth on and off pretty easily by swiping down on the notification bar at the top. There is a button to enable/disable bluetooth. I usually just turn it on when I'm in the car and turn if off when I'm done. So its not exactly automatic but its easy to do.