New Desire and cant work it

Last Updated:

1. ladjei

ladjei New Member This Topic's Starter

Help - I have just got my Desire after upgrading from an Iphone but am having the following problems.

1. I have synced my gmail account but for some reason i only see my inbox and not my other folders - even if i use the gmail app my other folders dont appear....what am i doing wrong?

I also have another account which is not gmail and i also cant see my folders - on the iphone i could see all my folders even though i had to manually check for new messages

2. I use firefox on my pc and xmarks - is there a way to sync my bookmarks?

3. The HTC sync seems a little light weight with little options - is there a better software around or do i just have to accept it

4. is there an app for multiple messenger clients all in one - i use google talk, skype, msn messenger

5. is there a better facebook app than the one it came with as i cant access my inbox from it

6. The phone has synced with my google calender and my outlook calender and now i have double of everyhing and this has also affected my outlook calender

7. I have photos for contacts in my outlook but they are not transfered to the phone

8. Is there a way to link people with linkedin accounts? everything seems to be geared towards facebook.

I think that just about covers it for now....;-)
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

In gmail app press menu > view folders.

Mail > menu > folders

There is an app that does this but i cant think of its name.!

Try double twist

Fring, meebo, nimbuzz are the best, try and see which you prefer.

You can access inbox from the facebook app called "bloo"

You can turn off either exchange calendar or google calendar.[/QUOTE]

3. ladjei

ladjei New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that - i was pulling what little of my hair i have out regarding the folders.
    Will it alert me when i have a new message coming into the folders or will i have to go into them each time i want to check?

what about 7 + 8?
    7. I have photos for contacts in my outlook but they are not transfered to the phone

8. Is there a way to link people with linkedin accounts? everything seems to be geared towards facebook.

4. fieldy

fieldy Member

For messenger I use the eBuddy app. I prefer it's layout to the others, but thats just me.

For Facebook, i use the touch website (Welcome to Facebook | Facebook), it's got all the functionality and is better than the apps (which all have their quirks).

Re 7. I had a similar problem with my HTC Hero, but I forgot about it once the facebook pics began appearing against everyone name.

There isnt any built in LinkedIn support, there are a few crap apps out there (LinkedIn have done an iPhone app so maybe they'll convert that to Android sometime). There is a mobile website though @ LinkedIn Mobile: Your Trusted Relationships On The Go

Paul