New Desire User - Tips Please

Last Updated:

1. safc2005

safc2005 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I purchased a desire (graphite) around a week ago, have been getting used to my first android phone after not want to jump on the apple wagon :)

I have been reading some very helpful tips on the site that have already increased my usability of the phone.

If any of you have any to good tips to a new android / desire user please do let me know - help much apriciated.

I have seen froyo a few times, is this something i should be aware of ....... sorry if this sounds stupid :)

One last thing can apps actualy be saved on your SD card?

Sorry if these are simple questions....and have answered them many times.

HTC DESIRE - Best phone I have had by far :D

Advertisement
  2. bass2rez

bass2rez Active Member

3. bass2rez

bass2rez Active Member

1. Yes, install 2.2 (froyo) as soon as the invitation appears at the top of your phone
    2. 2.2 (froyo) allows some apps to be moved to SD card. they need to be (re)written to take advantage of this, I believe.

Cheers,
    Steve

4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Steve has provided you with good starting point.

Just to briefly answer your questions.

Froyo is the latest update (2.2) for Android. If you have a branded handset, it will be available OTA (Over The Air) when your network decides to release it. If your handset is unbranded, you should have been prompted to download and install it already.

Apps can be saved to your SD card if you have Froyo or if you have rooted your handset.

:)