New desire!!!

Last Updated:

1. Mastermass

Mastermass Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I exchanged my desire because of its defects my new desire has some similarities with the old desire tho there is still some back light bleeding but its only noticeable when the screen is completely black and your surrounding environment is also "dimmed".

I notice the bleeding on the top right corner Does anyone else have this "bleeding" on there desire? to test it or download the pixel checker app put it on black turn off the light in your room and observe.

-Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Mastermass

also is the middle touch sensor supposed to light up?

3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I have no bleeding. There is a faint light showing through the display from the backlight, but no bleeding around the edges. No dead pixels either.
    I take it you mean the round trackpad sensor between the Menu and Back buttons? If so, no it does not have any kind of backlighting.

If it does, and it glows red, you have a Terminator phone and you need to smash it to bits immediatly before it attempts to kill all human life.
    :D

4. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

There is a little bit of leak where the headphone socket is. If thats what you are on about then its such a small amount and causes no problems.

5. Mastermass

Well thanks for your replies I guess its not bleeding but I can see more light coming thru the top right of my screen but its only noticeable in the dark on a black background

6. pav4n

pav4n Active Member

Its likely you have one of the new SLCD screen Desires, they are known to have some bellding in one corner.

7. capese21

capese21 Member

Yes agree you must have the LCD screen.
    The Amoled screen does not have a backlight. On a black screen the LEd`s are off so no light bleed will be visible.

Light bleed is one way to tell if you have LCD or an Amoled screen.
    E.:)