New Desktop Launcher Idea.

1. naf456

naf456 New Member

Hello, Nathan here ,and a happy new 2013 to you.

I'm 18 and consider my self as a hobbiest android programmer (meaning not professional yet :smokingsomb:)

So... I have had this crazy idea right? Why not develop a desktop launcher for android and make android usable on your PC?

Now - it's pretty crazy , but android being as flexible as it is - I don't think it's impossible.
    I mean - using the activity manager we can get all the running programs on the device - and we can sit then on a task bar so the user can just "Click" the icon and go to the application.

Applications must have to be called to a rendering context. I mean - the home/return/activty bar on 3.0> is not covered by the application meaning that android must pass the rendering context to the application.
    this means that we could potentially create are own rendering contexts in the form of "windows" and tell the applications to render there.
    the thing is, I don't know whether there is a callback to tell the app to redraw itself to that particular size of the window frame if the user resizes the window or moves it.

status bar .... that's the only problem. I'm pretty sure you can disable it in the theme preference in android, and then build your own to say - come out the side on the desktop like Mac OSX? but I'm not entirely sure.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey naf, I have moved your thread to the Application Requests forum since I believe it works well here for your ideas :)