• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New devices in Play Store

Hadron

Spacecorp test pilot
Aug 9, 2010
Dimension Jumping
Haven't spotted another thread on this yet, but apologies if it's a duplicate.

Just visited the UK Play Store and the Devices section now lists the Nexus 4 (8/16GB), 7 (16/32GB, 32GB+3G) and 10 (16/32GB).

Prices for the 4 are rather competitive - shame about the lack of storage :( - and as speculated the prices for the 7 are unchanged, just storage doubled (or

Those prices are great on the Nexus 4, i am concerned though, where did the GNex go? Have they stopped selling it now?

*gulp* :thinking:

350$ for the 16gb is pretty good though, sad there isn't a 32gb version though.

There is like no way to find the GNex from google play store, you can search it on google and find it but it looks like they might be trying to stop selling it, i mean when the new Nex4 is the same price why get the GNex

Upvote 0
I didn't know they were already in the play store. I'm getting mine on 11/13 when it launches on Tmobile (USA). The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is 16gb, not 32. But a lot of the early rumors were only 8gb available at launch, so I'm happy that wasn't true (I would not be getting it if 8 was the only option)

Upvote 0
T-Mobile is going to get the Nexus 4? I'm a Tmo customer but will still buy mine straight from Google. I don't need Tmobile's bloat.

T-Mo won't have any bloat in it. It's a pure Google phone, like the N1 and Nexus S. T-Mobile will not touch the software. They're not Verizon, they know better.

However, it's a waste of money to get it on contract. Why pay $200 for a phone that costs $350 off contract? Get the $30/month unlimited data/text prepaid plan and it pays for itself in 2 months.

Upvote 0
T-Mobile is going to get the Nexus 4? I'm a Tmo customer but will still buy mine straight from Google. I don't need Tmobile's bloat.

When the Nexus S launched was initially only available on Tmobile and had zero bloat, and even android's free built in
tethering. I got one on release day.

T-Mo won't have any bloat in it. It's a pure Google phone, like the N1 and Nexus S. T-Mobile will not touch the software. They're not Verizon, they know better.

However, it's a waste of money to get it on contract. Why pay $200 for a phone that costs $350 off contract? Get the $30/month unlimited data/text prepaid plan and it pays for itself in 2 months.

I'm already under contract for another 1 1/2 years for my family plan which is why I'm doing mine for upgrades that I have available.

Does the $30/month plan have truly unlimited 4G like the normal plans or do they still throttle? Last time I checked a year ago their cheap plans only gave 500mb of 4G then you were throttled to 2g.

Upvote 0
The $30 plan will throttle after 5gb data. I've never come close.

5GB is a LOT more than most people realize. I am grandfatherd in with unlimited data, and I agree, I never use that much. Made the mistake of letting a family member use my upgrade to get the g2x. Stuck on contract for another few months. Multiple mistakes on that one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones