New DI User! Worth the wait!Support

Last Updated:

1. OakLawnArabians

OakLawnArabians New Member This Topic's Starter

I am learning to use my DI. I come from a Blackberry Curve (my first smart phone) and I have some questions.

This may seem like a stupid question but how do you shut down the browser when you are done surfing?

Can you set the phone to auto turn off at night and then back on in the morning like the Blackberry?

I have read that there is some problems making sure apps get downloaded to the right place (internal vs sd card). How do I download apps to make sure they are on the card and work right?

Blackberry came with Desktop Manager for your computer so you could access, update and backup your phone. Does the DI have a program like this?

What is the best video player to use on the DI?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! Enjoy the new DI! I'm gonna move you to the support section. Thanks for the post!

3. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

I'll try to answer a couple of your questions.

1) you don't need to shut down the browser or any other program. Just hit the Home button to exit out of an app. The OS will handle app management.

2) there are programs that allow you to turn off certain things at specified times. For example, I have a profile set to turn the phone on silent, turn off wifi and 3G, etc. at night and turn them back off in the morning. I'm not aware of a program to turn off the phone completely at night. The program I use is calling SettingProfiles.

3) we can't install apps on the SD card. Yet. Froyo (Android 2.2) will allow this when we get it.

4) HTCSync is a desktop app you can use.

5) best video player is subjective. A lot of people use Cube (3) or Meridian.

4. OakLawnArabians

Thanks for answering my questions. I will look into the SettingProfiles and HTCSync program.

How do we know when updates are available for the DI?

I will try out the video players and see which one I like the best. Does the phone come with a video/audio player? I haven't tried playing anything on it yet.

Thanks again.

C

5. OakLawnArabians

I thought of another couple questions. Can you sync the POP mail so that it leaves messages on the home server when you delete them on the phone?

How about watching tv programs?

Thanks.

C

6. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Your phone will notify you when updates are available for both the OS and for any programs you have installed from the Market.

Yes, the Incredible has a built-in audio/video player. Most people end up installing a 3rd party audio/video player though.

7. coolkp

coolkp Member

In reference to the POP mail question, you can. After you set up the account go into Settings > Send & Receive > Delete mail on server

When you uncheck the setting, if you delete something it will only be on the phone not the server.

Glad you like the phone :D