Root New Dinc user, stock keyboard questions, done homework

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asarkar, Nov 15, 2010.

1. asarkar

asarkar New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Software engineer
    Ohio
    Hi,
    I'm a new Dinc user (in fact a new Smartphone user). After a week of constant fidgeting (read "learning"), I've found a couple of issues with the stock keyboard. I asked HTC Tech Support who were unable to provide any satisfactory answer. I searched in this forum too, only to find some other very useful information.

1. There's no option to move the cursor to a particular letter in a word except for deleting all letters after that. HTC Tech Support suggested tapping on the screen after the desired letter but I find that very hard to do with my big fingers. Is it not common sense having the arrow keys on a keyboard?
    2. I have word prediction and spell check on. However, I do not see an option to close the prediction bar or not accept an option during typing. Of course, I can ignore the predictions and keep on typing but the bar is kind of annoying when I don't want it. Again, HTC Support's suggestion was to turn off word prediction and spell check completely which I didn't choose to do. Is it hard to provide an 'X' on the prediction bar or an 'Esc' button on the keyboard?
    P.S: I downloaded the user manual from HTC website but that's a *POS*. None of the bookmarks work, not from the Bookmark tab or from searches. When I click on any bookmark, it always takes me to the first page of the manual. Grrr...

Advertisement

2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    On #1, all you have to do is use the little track button below the screen to "roll" the cursor into whatever position you want.

3. asarkar

asarkar New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Software engineer
    Ohio
    Just tried using the optical joystick and am quiet disappointed. It brought up the word predictions and left/right finger gestures only seemed to hover over the words.
    This may be because I am a new user or I have settings on which you don't.

P.S: I seem to have posted in the incorrect sub-forum. Can an admin move this thread to "Support and Troubleshooting" please?