New Driod User - ChargeSupport

1. VanillaDolphin

VanillaDolphin New Member

Hello everyone..
    I just got my Droid Charge and I freakin love it! The only thing I have a problem with is that when I get an incoming call, it says "Incoming Call From...." the number or says the persons name.
    How the hell do I stop this from going off? If I can't then I will get used to it. However, if someone out there can tell me how to change it or turn it off completely, I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks everyone and I am sorry if this problem has been discussed by someone else... I just couldnt find it =)

Advertisement
  2. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member

Welcome Vanilla, what phone are you coming from, so we see what you are use to seeing. There are custom ROMS being developed to meet different wants and needs.
  3. VanillaDolphin

VanillaDolphin New Member

I am coming from the Rouge (my hubby's old phone). Its really annoying that every incoming call is being spelled out to me =)
  4. GunnerJim

Vanilla, the rogue was a great extended feature phone and did not have all the bells and whistles that an Android equipped smartphone has. You can go to your Contacts, hit the menu button, then More, then Display Options, you can then go row by row and disable each contact display and that may fix what you are experiencing in the Name Department, I believe the telephone number will still be displayed. Hope that helps, but if you try unchecking all of your contacts, it may not display them in the Contacts either-that what make me mad, personally. I am afraid you may have to live with Andy the Android telling you who is calling each time...
  5. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but who are you trying to keep a secret from , as far as viewing who's calling you...............yourself ?:confused:
  6. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

You might just have to edit the contact and enter the phone number where the name is...but as rdalev said: why?
  7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Hubby may want to worry.:p
  8. GunnerJim

Vanilla no reply or update to suggestion?
  9. DocBeech

DocBeech Well-Known Member

Which hubby is she worried about seeing her calls? The one she married, or the one on the side :p
  10. graybeardnc

graybeardnc Active Member

I think she means the phone is announcing the incoming call audibly, not just visually on the screen.