New Droid 2 user

Last Updated:

1. Soy

Soy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I just got a Droid 2 about a week ago and I'm rather astounded by the sheer number of options and level of customization, so I'm here to learn about just how to get the most out of my android phone.

I only have about 3 of my homescreens customized so far. I have a "social networking screen" with all my facebook, twitter, aim, e-mail, and skype stuff, a "calendar screen," a "most frequent contacts" screen, and then my homescreen that is pretty random and useless. So I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any ideas.

I plan to peruse the forums for leads to good apps and widgets, but the most important thing that I can't seem to find is a decent volume control widget or app. I am amazed that the phone's volume rocker doesn't just function like a normal phone: volume level -> vibrate -> silent. On the first day that I had the phone, I put it in silent mode and set it on my desk during a meeting but it still vibrated. That's just unacceptable. So if anybody has any recommendations that'd be swell.

Anyway I'm glad I found this forum and I look forward to learning and participating in the community.

- Allen

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!