New Droid Buyers Guide

Last Updated:

1. goathog02

goathog02 Member This Topic's Starter

Have there been any posts on a Droid Buyers Guide? I am going on Wed to buy one from my local VZW store, and I want to make sure I get a good one. For example, manufacture date after xxx, or serial number higher than xxx, etc. Have there been any noticeable differences?

Yes, I did a search...but didn't find anything...

Advertisement
  2. Mapex

Mapex Active Member

Honestly, I'm not sure it matters anymore. It's been almost a month so that "first wave" batch with the faulty devices should be gone/depleted/returned to manufacturer by now. When I went to get my Droid (I call it Ar-three) two days ago, I made sure to ask to get a more recent one as the first wave of Droids were faulty. However, they assured me that not a single person who bought a Droid from the store I went to had to return it. Also, on the box it said the date of manufacture was 11/16, which means it probably was from the second or third batch.

Also, don't buy any of their accessories, except maybe the multimedia/car dock/car charger if you really want them. Seidio looks like they'll be coming out with a rock solid yet elegant case and screen protector sooner than later, and BodyGlove is good as it is. Seidio is also going to come out with an extended battery. Don't buy an extra battery or extra wall charger or anything like that, despite what the employees tell you about the device's battery life.

Summary:
    -Make sure you are getting a more recent phone that has the date of 11/07 or later on the side of its box next to the bar codes.

-Do not get any accessories (outside of docks or a car charger, if you want) as other companies have better stuff coming soon, including an extended battery and better screen protector/case.

-Appreciate that they are warning you of the device's shortcomings, especially it's battery life, before you commit to getting it, but be sure to remember the previous statement. Better stuff is coming soon.

-Unless you are a klutzy freak of nature, feel free to opt out of the insurance. The device is rock solid as is, and most of it doesn't scratch easily, if at all. Besides, within a month's time a better case will be coming out, meaning you can throw your device around all you desire.

-This IS the Droid you are looking for.

P.S. This forum doesn't do the [ LIST ] tag very well :/

3. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I think the bulk of this forum has a wealth of buyer's guide type of info. I would spend some time reading through posts here. I did, and I think it made a huge difference in the enjoyment of of Droid.

4. KBlack

KBlack Active Member

From motorola droid faq wiki: Main

Check out this thread it has a LOT of info.