New DROID Commercial

Last Updated:

1. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone get the chance to see it? Pretty effective commercial. I love it. And I'm lovin' the slogan: "In a world that doesn't, DROID does."

Advertisement
  2. sublimnl

sublimnl Well-Known Member

pretty freakin sweet

3. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

Saw this a few days ago - probably the best droid commercial yet. Can't argue with anything in it.

4. Cruzatte

Cruzatte Well-Known Member

I dig the commercial, but it makes me wonder (as does all the Droid marketing) why Verizon's cutting out such a niche market for the device.

Looks to me like they basically see the Droid as a stopgap--a way to get VZW's name into the "app phone" game, and a great excuse to take some potshots at AT&T, maybe slow down their market gains. Verizon keeps saying that Droid beats up on the iPhone (and it does, in my opinion!), but it doesn't seem like Seidenberg et al. has big-time hopes for the phone itself.

The campaign is about Verizon, not Droid--when your phone's commercials are machismo-driven sci-fi mashups that mock the competition, then you've admitted that you're not pushing an iPhone-killer or anything like it.

5. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I personally don't like these commercials as much as previous. I think the voice acting is bad and it annoys me.

6. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

do you think they are working? think people are interested that wouldnt have known bout it?

7. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I think so. There's a bunch of people that have been asking me about my phone on campus.