New Droid Eris owner, help please.General

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if I'm doing this wrong, but my PC won't recognize my phone when I plug it in. I wanna transfer my music on to it, but when I plug it in, the phone charges, but the SD card doesn't show up (XP).

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

After you plug in the phone pull down the notification "shade" at the top of the home screen. Click on USB connection and select mount when you get the pop-up. Be sure to unmount through roughly the same method when you are done or it may take a little bit before you phone recognizes the card again.

Welcome to the forum.

3. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

I had this problem first as well.. You need to go notifications, and mount it. It should take A second or so but then you should see it as a drive on your computer. Hope this helps

4. tonyb81

Ok I got that part to come up thank you, now do I just create a folder called "music" and copy it onto the card?

5. mpaquette

mpaquette Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. tonyb81

Thanks all for the quick responses, I've been lurking here for a few weeks until I got my phone. This place is awesome, also the phone rocks.

7. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

before u do that...
    download tunewiki!
    so that once you have your music in the 'music' folder, tunewiki will organize it all for you :)

8. Gecko5

Gecko5 Member

Thx for the pointers, I was looking to find how to add music to mine.

9. joecalusmc

joecalusmc Member

i transferred my music onto my phone but im not getting any sound. i looked in my settings and everything looks fine volume wise just still no sound from my music player. any thought? Love the Droid though it the best phone ive had yet and love all the FREE aps.

10. Copa Native

Copa Native Well-Known Member

Probably not the issue... but you have 2 unique volume controls. One for ringer volume which the rocker will control by default, and another for media volume which the rocker will control if you are in a media app.

I guess just make sure you have the media volume turned up. You also want to make sure you have unmounted the SD card as well.

11. ALF901@AOL.COM

ALF901@AOL.COM New Member

Please how do i remember all this knowledge? I am a puter cripple. Is their a tutorial? How do i remove mail? Thank you