New Droid owner; Legend of notification bar icons

Last Updated:

1. Aquineas

Aquineas Active Member

Does anyone know where a description for all these might be? The notification ones are easy to discover by pulling down the notification slider, but there are a couple of wireless ones which I am curious about...

2. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Did you look through the full manual located in a sticky at the top of the Droid section of the forums? I don't really know where else it would be, I haven't come across any I didn't know though, I have only seen standard icons for the various protocols.
  3. galt

galt Well-Known Member

I have wifi, 3G, phone signal, battery, alarm, time. I have also seen GPS (the satellite)

4. Aquineas

Aquineas Active Member

First place I looked. Thanks for responding at least.
  5. Aquineas

Aquineas Active Member

Ah maybe it's the GPS one I'm seeing.. It looks like how a "B" would be written if it were invented by Tolkien.
  6. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

echoota likes this.
  7. galt

galt Well-Known Member

Hey Phases, you are ruining all our confusion !!! :eek:

Nice chart. :cool:
  8. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Was in the manual in the sticky ;)
  9. Aquineas

Aquineas Active Member

Dang, I did a search for "indicator" in the PDF. My apologies.
  10. Da Jemster

Da Jemster New Member

11. David Beach

David Beach New Member

Ditto that - I was dumfounded by the 'silent' indicator. I had forgotten that I was in silent mode...

It was really nice to come here and get the answer... :D

12. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

That's probably Bluetooth. It's a standard symbol that you'll see on any bluetooth hardware.
  13. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

That is an awesome description of the icon tho!:D
  14. cbanning

cbanning Well-Known Member

sort of looks like a satellite dish with radar waves moving up and to the right? Is that GPS?
    (it really looks like an umbrella - but it's not raining.)
  15. isherwood

isherwood Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the one that looks like reticules (crosshairs) in a circle with waves (arcs) emanating from the right-hand side.

Edit: apparently this is a second gps indicator. The waves only display when gps is turned on. The other gps icon, with the dish and the green waves, displays when an app is using gps.
  16. vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric Well-Known Member

I found this thread because I want to know what a certain icon means exactly in my notification bar. It isn't any of the icons in the image Phases posted.

It's circular, with two arrows "orbiting" the center of the circle, kinda like a refresh icon of some kind.

Similar to this, but without color:

Now, I'm no idiot and I can come up with several things that it CAN mean, but I want to know officially what it is for and why it comes up once in a while.

EDIT: Sorry if the image is really big. I resized it within my post but apparently it didn't work.
  17. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It means it's syncing data with your Google account.
    yada123 and vertigoelectric like this.
  18. raidakaoz

raidakaoz New Member

what about the cross hair icon ?
  19. buggaby

buggaby Member

I also get an icon that has the arrows like the 3G icon, but it's a letter E. I think I've also seen it with an N, so I'm wondering if this is something to do with the compass. Ideas?
  20. buggaby

buggaby Member

It's an old thread I guess, so it's probably not of interest anymore, but I found this anyway. The notification bar is called the "status bar" which allowed by to search for the correct term in the user's manual. That answers my questions at least.
  21. CrazyMcCool

CrazyMcCool New Member

Yeah I got one that looks like the 3g one, but it has an H insted of 3G any ideas?
  22. bengle

bengle New Member

Raidakaos, I was wondering the same thing. It's like a cross with a diamond over top of it and 2 little 1/4 circles pointing to the right. I haven't been able to find anything like this one in a legend. I think it might be the GPS but can't find out for sure.
  23. dserodio

dserodio Member

24. aman9393

aman9393 New Member

I am getting an icon shaped like a target.
    Couldn't find its description anywhere.
    I will try to post its screenshot.
  25. vertigoelectric

vertigoelectric Well-Known Member

I think I know what you're talking about, and I think that's related to Location... something about getting your location...

Let me look it up...

Is this it? The one next to the 3g icon?

If that's the icon you're talking about, then it's related to your Location, I believe. Also, from what I understand, you can't get rid of it without rooting and installing a custom ROM.

You could also be talking about one of the two in the bottom right of this picture: