• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New DROID(s?) Coming!

Soultics

Nov 7, 2009
Well hopefully with the announcement coming from Adobe as well this means that Froyo will be on a Motorola device soon.

EDIT: Hands On! http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-motorola-droid-x-preview/

Motorola, Verizon announcing 'next generation of Droid' on June 23 -- Engadget

droid-invite-2.jpg

The Droid X does look really nice. 4.4" screen? Beautiful! I'm hoping by the time my contract is up, there will be choices around the 5" vicinity, but 4.4" is already plenty of screen real estate!

Two things kill the phone for me though, unfortunately:
1) No physical keyboard. This already kicks it out of the running for me.
2) It isn't stock Android. There's unnecessary crap like Motoblur and that Engadget video showed a Blockbuster app and hinted at possible V-Cast integration. Bad Verizon! Didn't you learn from the wonderful success that was the original Droid that your users don't like your crappy apps on their phone!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones