1. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thanks!

3. billd

billd Well-Known Member

Arrrgh. It has the "Buy Now" link and it's only $150 for existing customers and they have you login but then once I'm logged in, no Droid. :mad:

4. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

i know, i cant buy one yet either I get this dumb message....

The selection you made is unavailable at this time
    Browse one of the options below to choose a different plan or phone, or call (800) 2-JOIN-IN for assistance.

5. exjimenez

exjimenez Well-Known Member

me too! so upset

6. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

the website wont even load correctly on my computer

7. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

Same problem here. They expected this to be a historical sellout and didn't prepare for the massive hits to the website?

Using VZW right now is like using a 9600 baud modem!!

8. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

ok i got the website to load...now i cant upgrade my phone b/c the droid isnt on the website, but when i click the new customer link, the droid and droid eris shows up!!

9. exjimenez

hopefully it shows up here pretty soon in the upgrade phone area, i really dont want to go to a vz store at 7am and have it sitting in my pocket all day at work not being able to play with it.

10. NegativeX

NegativeX Member

I got it to work... here's how.

When I clicked to upgrade my existing phone, it took me to the page with the list of phones available... in order to have the Droid show up, I had to select Motorola from the list of manufactures on the left, to filter them all out.

Then the Droid appeared at the top of the list.

Good luck. :)

11. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is nuts. They pump the hullabaloo with countdowns and all, and when you go in there to actually GET it, it ain't there. When you just browse for the phones (not via upgrade), Droid shows up. Going through upgrade - no dice.

So, if come morning I show up at a Verizon store and tell them I wanna upgrade, are they going to tell me to take a hike too?

12. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

No dice here! I guess I will go to bed and get up early and order it via customer service. Hopefully I can get Saturday delivery.

GOOD LUCK!

13. exjimenez

seriously, "Oh, your an upgrade customer...no moto droid for you, but you can have a moto barrage"

14. SugarCoatedTape

SugarCoatedTape Member

Damn it, you're all way too damn excited. The site went up MINUTES ago; it'll speed-bump a bit at first. Calm the hell down.

Filter by "smart phones and PDAs" (I think) after you sign in on the site to find the Droid.

Also, overnight delivery only applies to business days. That's Monday thru Friday, not Saturday. If you order now, you'll get your phone on Tuesday.

15. NegativeX

NegativeX Member

16. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

1. I have tried the filtering options to no avail.

2. I am sorry I am "too damn excited". I just expected the count down timer that ended 59 minutes ago to be a count down to when I could order the phone, not access a broken website.

3. Fedex offers Saturday delivery. I am pretty sure VZW offers this option via customer service.

17. billd

billd Well-Known Member

I tried the narrowing down thing with Motorola again and it still didn't work for me.

I wonder if it's a location thing. Once I log in, they know I'm on the west coast, and it won't be Nov 6 for another two hours here.

18. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

its not a west coast thing...i think it may be area specific. im in the atl area w/ no luck

19. SugarCoatedTape

SugarCoatedTape Member

Yeah, but check the "shipping information" in the checkout page. It pretty much says that Tuesday is when you're getting it when you click on the "more info" button or something like that.

20. NegativeX

NegativeX Member

Colorado here... was able to order it around 10:30pm my time.

Which I suppose is November 6th, East coast time.

/shrug

21. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

When I just go to phones (not via upgrades), Droid is there. I click it, and from there is a link to 'Upgrade your phone'. There, it presents me with the phone list on my family plan, I select mine, which is eligible for NE2 - which is a Moto Q9c with data plan - click 'Show Upgrade Discounts' - and the Droid ain't there. Yes, I filter by 'Smartphones, filter by Motorola - no dice. It is not like the site is overwhelmed - it is quite fast and responsive, but broken.

22. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

i wonder if its only for people trying to upgrade. If i acted like a new customer, i was able to go to the checkout

23. NegativeX

NegativeX Member

Just placed a second upgrade order for a second line on our account, for the Droid.

Maybe it's a regional thing?

:confused:

24. sbank

sbank Member

It took me this entire hour waiting for the various pages to refresh. Then all of a sudden everything "just worked" likety split. Maybe they are rebooting the machines?

But I ended up just placing the order *AND* it included the instant rebate. (I added it as a second line, I will then cancel my BlackBerry Storm in a couple days after I verify all is well.)

25. billd

billd Well-Known Member

I suppose it's possible that there are different web servers for different regions and they're taking a while to get them updated. However, that wouldn't explain while a server for Colorado is updated before a server for Georgia; so it's a pretty thin hypothesis.