New Droid to be released with a better keyboard

Last Updated:

1. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

"This is an important part of our strategy. These devices have to be upgradeable, they have to be able to grow with you," Jha said.

Upgradeable? What does that mean? Does that mean we can somehow "upgrade" our Droids? Highly unlikely. I'm glad they're addressing the consumers concerns, but it seems awfully soon to have a newer version of a phone.

3. BonusFeatures75

BonusFeatures75 Member

I would think that it still won't be coming out for quiet a while. That is literally the only article i've seen that talks about a new droid, can't seem to find anything else like that. Even once it gets more exposure its going to be a long time before it comes.

But this early in the "new droid" talk, i wouldnt worry about it coming so soon.

I was planning on buying a droid this week, and this news really doesnt make me want to change my mind and wait.

My question would be, when it does come around, would we get any kind of special deal on the new droid for upgrading from the old one. I know apple did this when the iphone 3gs came out, I can only assume motorola would do the same, correct me if im wrong.

4. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

God I hope so, because I would be ALL over that.

5. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

And with the new release comes a few more bugs and things needing tweeking over the next several weeks, but still, progress is made. Makes me also wonder if they are gonna slip some other improvements in as well. Add HD video recording and I would be in Droid dreamphone heaven... Droid HD?:):rolleyes::)

6. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of getting a milestone (droid) - how unusable is the keyboard if they're looking at going back to the drawing board with it?

Also, do you think this means that they will stop pushing out android updates for the droid / milestone?

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Motorola just sold 1.2 million DROIDs and if you think they're going to redesign and release a new version a few months after the original release ... you're crazy.

8. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I think Sanjay is talking about the DROID2, which I would ASSUME will be released in the Fall of 2010, presumably with LTE support like the Tablet they're working on with VZW. I'm just guessing, but I believe this is the most efficient development plan. But who am I? :D

9. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

When he says upgradeable, he means how the cliq and Droid will be getting Android 2.1

10. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Droid 2 will be Q3/Q4 if you look at Verizon's history of devices...

Look at the Blackberry Storm. Look at the LG lineup. Look at past Motorola...No way a Droid 2 is coming anytime before then. A flip droid would be interesting too though

11. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

The commentary in that article is mostly speculation and was kept in very broad terms on Motorola's part. Of course they're going to improve the phone! That should come as no surprise.