New Droid user, questions

Last Updated:

1. joeyray15

joeyray15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, just jumped ship from the Eris (ok phone but not a workhorse). First off i love this phone already, i have only had it for a few hours but it already beats the Eris IMO. Now onto the questions.

1. My soft keys seem to vibrate really low and not really on the actual button but vibrate on the back of the phone (further away from the buttons if that makes sense) is this normal?

2. is there a multiple Gmail account in one mailbox yet or is that in 2.1?

3. My battery cover has a very very slight gap from where it is supposed to meet the top of the phone (the opposite end of the speaker end) is this normal?

4. is there a way to turn off the camera sound, and should the camera make a loud clicking sound when it initialises?

Advertisement
  2. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

1) Yes, that is normal.
    2) No idea about that one. Haven't had the need for it up to this point.
    3) Yes, that is normal.
    4) I believe if you put the phone into silent mode it should take care of the camera sound. Yes, the clicking of the camera as it initializes is normal.

3. joeyray15

haha wow wasn't expecting such a quick reply, thank you!

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I've rooted and I'm on 2.1 and my GMail inboxes aren't combined. I use 3 GMail accounts. I actually wouldn't want it that way, but to each his own; I'm sure you can find a way to get that if you really want it, I can't imagine there hasn't been some capable dev out there that said "Hey, this would be a good feature to implement!"

5. joeyray15

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but i did not want to create a new one.

How come when click "Force Stop" on the application it does not grey out and I can continue to click the button and it does not look like it force stops.

6. joeyray15

Bump. also tried restarting still does not change the issue.

7. joeyray15

Anyone? I tried searching the forums and didn't find anything.

8. ceruti82

ceruti82 Well-Known Member

How come when click "Force Stop" on the application it does not grey out and I can continue to click the button and it does not look like it force stops.[/QUOTE]
    not sure what you are referring to? when a program wants to force close on its own? sometimes FORCE CLOSE comes up along with WAIT... if you choose WAIT, it will usually resume. if you choose FORCE CLOSE, it will either completely exit the app, or will restart the app. (some do the first, some do the second)

ORIGINAL QUESTION #2 ~ With Gmail, you can set it up so emails from example1@gmail.com are forwarded/copied to example2@gmail.com .. but SENT emails would all be send from example2 account in this case.. not sure if you want that tho. but at least you will be able to check multiple emails within one app.. you could always use your browser to use gmail for the example1 account to send messages if it must be sent from that account..

HTH

9. joeyray15

Further clarifycation on the force stop. When you go settings>applications>manage applications then choose one it brings up options to uninstall or clear cache and also to force stop (like a task killer) well the force stop button registers but does not gray out like it regisered and i can continue to click it with nothing happening. Is this a bug or something else?

10. jrdahman

jrdahman New Member

I'm having the same problem with the force stop no greying out.. Motorola Droid 2.1