New Droid X owner Email problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. intelo2

intelo2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have recentley went through the hell of adding my aol email to my droid x. I had to do a manual setting, using imap. For maybe a day it was perfect with giving me automatic notifications when i got new mail. Now it doesn't do that anymore. It will sync online, but tell me there are no new messages when there actually are. I tried using k-9, but it wont let me do a automatic setup and i have no idea how to do their manual setup. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. westside

westside Well-Known Member

I'm new two but I've found 2 places that affect email sync in the settings.

First: Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Email and Corporate Sync > Email delivery

Here there are options for "Data Push" "Fetch Schedule" and "Sync over Wi-Fi only" what are your settings here?

Then under.

Settings > Battery Manager > Battery Mode there are settings which restrict syncing to certain times of the day.

That said I'm still having problems with email syncing consitently. Sometimes I reboot to get it to sync again and I've also found turning on or off wi-fi seems to cause it to sync again. Somethings kind of funky for sure.

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

why did you do this in manual? I set up my AOL automatically and have had zero issues

4. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

I had the same problems with AOL. I spent hours and hours with Tech support with both Motorola & Verizon. I could never get AOL work with the stock mail app.

So I went to K-9. Same thing happened to me when I first tried it. So I uninstalled K-9, then reinstalled K-9. It's worked perfectly ever since.

Give the uninstall/reinstall a try. Hope it works for you.