New Droid X Owners: Use Caution (3rd Party Launcher)Support

Last Updated:

1. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"Be Warned X owners, that if you install a 3rd party launcher (i.e. ADW launcher) you will lose your ability to go back to the blur launcher if decide to delete the 3rd party launcher. You will be left with a blank black screen. The only way to recover from this is to factory reset the device."

MyDroidWorld - New Droid X Owners: Use Caution

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-3rd-party-launcher-will-break-your-blur.html

http://alldroid.org/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4985

EDIT: This is just for your information. I do not own a Droid X and am unable to test out the different scenarios that may cause this to occur. This post is meant to assist, so it may be beneficial for someone to test it out to see how/why this is happening.

Advertisement
    kwest12 likes this.
  2. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I installed an uninstalled launcher pro without a problem.... a Giants fan would be in the dark though. ;)

3. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am very glad that you are able to install and uninstall applications. Are you able to click links, read, then comprehend what you just read? If you are, then you would know that this affects users who set the 3rd party launcher as their default, then uninstall it. But I should expect nothing less from someone who doesn't respect THE New York Football Giants! ;)

4. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

lol

hehe:)

5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Woah, thanks for the heads up. One of the first things I installed was the ADW Launcher (which has totally won my heart over the stock UI).

6. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

GD it.... wtf is wrong with Motorola, they need to stop f@$%ing up this awesome phone. Apparently (according to another post in that thread) they somehow managed to disable facebook contact syncing with the regular app.... only way you can do it is with the Moto facebook widget. So dumb.

7. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Worked fine for me. :p

8. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I've had my Launcher Pro set as default and was able to uninstall it and go back to stock without a problem. I've done it a few times. I think once people use LP for a while they won't want to go back to the stock UI.

9. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

same here. no problems doing this at all. you can also use home switcher to get the moto ui back to default before uninstalling the others.....