new droid x user - battery help please!!Support

Last Updated:

1. jackie13x

jackie13x New Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got my Droid X yesterday and when I charged it last night i expected to wake up with a full battery but it was only at 60%! I know there is a thread already about batteries but I didn't quite understand it. I'm not a huge techie, I'm only 16 so I don't know a lot about these problems. Before this phone i had a blackberry pearl so I've never really have used this kind of "technology" I guess you could put it. The closest i've come to is my ipod touch. So yeah if someone could just explain it to me or tell me if im doing anything wrong and how to fix it that would be wonderful. Thank you so much.

Advertisement
  2. ericsch333

ericsch333 Well-Known Member

Turn off you gps and remove any widgets your not using from you home screens.

3. lessit

lessit Well-Known Member

Depends on how long you slept<g>. Are you sure the charger was plugged in and that the cord was properly seated in the DX and charger? Did you plug the charger into a switched wall outlet that was off? You have a battery or charger problem if an 8 hour charge only yields 60%.

4. jackie13x

I slept about 8 hours. I know that it was working because i went to bed with it below 60%. If it does it again tonight I'll go to the verizon store about it. Thank you:)

5. jackie13x

I'll try that, thank you:)

6. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

My battery life is awesome now. I went to the main Settings > Battery Manager > Battery Profile > Smart Mode. After setting it to Smart Mode, I opened every app and adjusted its settings/preferences. I set everything to manual refresh/update. The only apps set to hourly updates are e-mail, weather, and sports ticker.

Also set your brightness setting to between 30 to 50%.

7. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

It's weird. Today, my battery has been unusually good. I unplugged at 8.30 with it at 100%, did some texting, wordfeud, browsing. At 1.30, it was still at 90%. It finally dropped to 80 probably around thirty minutes later. I only have it on smart mode and the brightness is second to the last highest brightness on the switchpro widget.

But back to the OP, if you had it charging for more than 8 hours and it was only at 60%...something is definitely wrong. Check out the outlet or the cable. Hopefully, it's not your phone/battery.

8. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Yeah it should've been fully charged. I don't think this is a settings or widget issue. Sounds like your charger *might* have troubles...hopefully it's not the phone itself. Was it plugged into a computer via USB or wall outlet?

Plugging into an outlet will charge faster than USB and is what I'd recommend. Try charging it again tonight and see what happens. Make sure it is charging.

9. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I realize that I only just picked my phone up and turned it on like, two hours ago, but when I did so, it had a 60% charge. I plugged it into an outlet when I got home and it charged the rest of the 40% crazy fast. It couldn't have taken more than 45min. I just used the charger and USB cable that came in the box, although I also used a USB extension cable so I had a little extra room to move the phone around. It was plugged into an extension, "port," sorta thing that allows three plugs. That was plugged into a power strip that has my wireless router, computer monitor, rotating fan, etc. all plugged into it as well. I'm surprised it charged that last part of the battery so quickly, even considering the circumstances and the fact that I haven't even touched the phone's settings yet.

10. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

I do a full charge in about 90 minutes. It's very fast---in the wall that is.

11. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you've finally reached battery nirvana. lol :cool:

12. Lexxor

Lexxor New Member

I just purchased the new Droid X @ a store. They set it all up etc. No at home installations. Charged it last night, turned it on this morning and it is stuck on the "M" Motorola symbol and I cant turn it off or un-freeze it. Common sense tells me to take out the battery and then put it back in but heck if I know how to maneuver that action. I did - yesterday - set the power savings section on the battery. Now the bottom of the phone is getting hot. Help.

:confused: