New Droid X User - Couple (hopefully) basic questions?Support

Last Updated:

1. manxafrica

manxafrica Member This Topic's Starter

I just picked up my Droid X on Saturday, and I've spent some time poking around in these forums, but, I need a bit of help as I'm overwhelmed by the volume of information you all have here :)

My email is set to fetch every 15 minutes, but, it doesn't do it. I'm using the email client it came with, and if I do a refresh, it will get the mail so its not an account or server issue. Ideas? A better (free) client I can use?

Also, the DX goes into silent mode while charging. What is a good way to get that not to happen. I don't see any settings on the phone...is there an app that is good?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

first, welcome to the community, it's a fun place to be.

for your email, i have mine set to push, meaning it will automatically grab it when it hits your inbox. are you using gmail? or something else like hotmail?

as for sound on charger, another question for you, when you are charging it, are you placing it face down? if so, the droidx has a smart profile setting that will silence the phone whenever it's placed face down, like if you are in a meeting, all notifications can be placed on silent just by flipping the phone over.
    check this with settings>sound>scroll to bottom and see if its checked

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i used to use k9mail on my eris, great free push mail app.

i use the stock client now, works good for me, although not push, the ui is cleaner.

4. manxafrica

I did have it running with the push on all day, and it never went and got my email until I woke the phone up and told the email client to refresh.

I am charging it with it face up. It MIGHT have been a volume issue, but, I need someone to text me or something now while its charging and then I'll see if that was the issue.

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

That's only if you flip the phone down during an alert. If you leave the phone facing down, you'll still get alerts even with that option on.

6. manxafrica

I've resolved the sound issue, yay! BUT...still have the no pushing/fetching email issue :(.

7. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I think we're talking about the app called "email" and I have a related matter.

When I send a message using it,a minute or so later I always get a notification saying it wasn't sent. I get emails, but can't seem to send them.

I'm using Gmail.