New Droid X user - SMS BackupSupport

Last Updated:

1. carpe

carpe Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 1, 2010
    Finally got rid of my old windoz mobile phone and got my first android phone! :D I love it so far. Before i ask, i did look around and didn't quite find any solid answers, so here goes:

I used the "microsoft my phone" app on my old phone. Backed up my contacts and texts. Since i was running custom ROMS and flashing frequently, it came in really handy. Now i have my contacts sync'd with gmail but i was wondering if anyone could recommend a text backup program? I'm just looking for something that will stick a file on the SD card maybe and let me restore if i ever have to factory resest. I saw there's a couple SMS backup programs on the market but i'm looking for recommendations from the Droid X community!

2. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Try "txtArchive". It allows you to pick and choose which texts you want to save and then saves them on your card in a word format. You can either use the program to view the saved texts (sorted by contact) or you can email it to your computer and view in microsoft word (or any word program). After they are saved in your archive, you can delete them from your text messanger. This program is a lifesaver for me.