New Droid X user

Last Updated:

1. drucifer

drucifer Member This Topic's Starter

Having been a BB user for 4 years, and "regular" user prior to that, I must say I am very happy with this phone. 2.2 out-of-the-box from Verizon. Exchange setup worked flawlessly, once I figured out how to do it...if it hadn't I'm afraid I'd be a BB user once again. Internet browsing is great, especially now that I've got a fully functional browser. I also enjoy the car dock with the GPS funcionality; my wife has a new Droid 2 and she enjoys this as well :D

Again, wonderful phone!

Advertisement
  2. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I came from a BB Storm myself. People think I'm nuts when I say the basic functions aren't all that much different. I mean the things I use the most....text, email, phone, gps directions all do about the same. But, of course the browsing and speed of browsing is much better as are the vast numbers of apps you can put on your phone. The quality of apps isn't much(if at all) better however, it's just the fact you can put more than 7 or so on it at a time ;)
    I am one that liked the Storm for it's basic functions. I really did well....until the screen started losing sensitivity especially in hot, humid conditions.
    Could care less about rooting.
    Enjoy it. It's a great phone!

3. drucifer

drucifer Member This Topic's Starter

I don't dislike the Storm, but I came from 8830 and 8330...not exactly the same ballpark LOL

4. DROID_nation

DROID_nation Member

I've had my X for about 3 wks. Had Blkbrys for last 5 yrs. I am sooooo happy I finally made the switch. The difference between my Tour and the X are night and day!

5. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

I had an 8330 curve and its hard to believe that two weeks ago I was doing 7-8 battery pulls a day. Love my Droid X

6. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Active Member

I had a storm1 till feb...got my D1 then and it was night and day difference...moved into the X exactly one week ago...and while not as dramatic as the upgrade to the D1 ....still a BIG improvement! The faster processor...the larger screen....the improved UI. Anyone who thinks the Android OS is not the future is fooling themselves. If I was going to recommend any ONE app....it would be Engadget...lots of good accurate technology links and articles. It's free and it's informative!
    I now have three very valuable alarm clocks..a Storm1...a D2...and the current love of my life...my sexy new DX!...lol And as always.....SWYPE ROCKS!!! PEACE!

7. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

I came from an HTC Touch Pro to the Droid X....

That's all I need to say about that...lol

8. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

I went from the Storm, to the pre plus, to the DX. Definitely an improvement with each upgrade. The Storm was a sick dog. I had to put it down. I took it to the range and emptied my 9mm into it. I felt much better and didn't have to do another battery pull. .

9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

That's funny, because I rarely ever had to do a battery pull with my Storm. I used Quick Pull and every morning I had a fresh Storm. I've done more battery pulls on the X per unit time than I ever did with the Storm. And that still isn't a lot.
    I just got a good Storm I guess....and/or I didn't load it with apps till it was critically low on app memory. And/or I wasn't taking everything out on it because I couldn't load a gazillion apps on it ;) . With the Storm you had to be good at judging where the app memory was at all times and usually Quick Pull did that perfect for me.

10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join more conversations! :D

11. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Battery pulls, please no more :D

I've been a bb user for like 5 years and they just got boring. BBM my ***.

Android ftw

12. Pasukun

Pasukun Member

I have been Windows Mobile user for many years, last one being HTC Touch Pro 2.
    It was an excellent phone, but WM platform seriously lacked modern apps..
    I got my Droid x little more than 2 weeks ago, and boy~ I am having a lots of fun. :)

13. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

4 Years ago I would not have considered switching from a BB. BB OS hands down was the most stable, most reliable, easiest to use smartphone OS out there.

2 years ago I flirted with the idea of switching to an iphone. My wife bought me an iPod Touch for my birthday, and that scratched that itch. It wasn't as functional or useful as my BB, so I couldn't see making the jump to iPhone.

Somewhere along the way, though, when the Droid1 came out, I began to realize that the BB OS had suddenly gotten very tired. (Okay, it wasn't sudden, I admit)

I still managed to resist temptation, and settled into an 8530, deciding to wait it out and see what new BB came out that might finally tell me RIM figured out they had to get it together ASAP.

When the Torch and 6.0 finally came out, it was clear to me that RIM has lost its mojo.

My company made the decision to switch to VZW, and I get to pick any of the smartphones available.

This time around, the BB didn't even make my short list. Now I find myself glued to this forum, waiting and waiting for my new X toy to arrive.