New Droid X with some simple questions about deleting apps and text issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nerfman

Nerfman New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I just received a Droid X last Wednesday and have been traveling so I'm just doing the basics and downloading some apps here and there.

I have a couple questions if anyone can lead me in the right directions I'd appreciate it:

1. How do I (or can I) delete the apps that are loaded on the the device, like Blockbuster?

2. This is driving me nuts: I will be typing a sentence and in it I will type the letter "i" by itself and it doesn't auto capitalize. WTF? Is there an application that will learn the way I type and do it for me?

2a. Is there an app that acts like autotext does on the BlackBerry? This was one of the features I loved about the BB.

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

1. There are some apps that came with the device that can only be removed by rooting your phone. Blockbuster is one of them.

2. The "i" will not autocapitalize, and this makes many many readers on here nuts. It is hoped this will be fixed with the 2.2 update.

2a. no help, I know not what BB autotext does, so I can't shed any light on that. I do know that there other keyboards you can install, but whether or not they include different autotext or autocorrect features, someone else who has installed one will have to say.

3. cryptosporidia

cryptosporidia Member

Using swype autocapitalizes "I" for me

4. appleboy

appleboy Active Member

If you are not getting your I's to auto-capitalize, tapping the i and dragging your finger up and off the keyboard will capitalize the letter. A simpler way to capitalize than pressing shift.

5. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Or you can DL Swiftkey Beta. It's learned to auto-cap the letter 'I' for me, at least most of the time. It also can read your mind and gives word suggestions. On occasion, it knows exactly what I want to type and all I need to do is hit the spacebar...and it's free!

6. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

It's fixed in the 2.2 leaks that I've run. :D

7. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Nice! I hadn't read that specifically from those of you who have installed it already, so good to know it gets fixed!

8. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Mine capitalizes "I" too with swype but not with the regular input. Odd.

By autotext, do you mean typing part of a word then clicking on the word to finish it for you? If so, both inputs do this. I came from a blackberry and I cant think of anything else you might mean.