New DX: Transfering from D1 to DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Morning ladies and gents,

I woke to a DX on this, my Bday morn.
    I'm pretty pumped.

For those who went from D1 to DX, can you give me any pointers on what steps are appropriate to transfer my notes, sticky notes data, etc.

I haven't activated it yet, its NIB on my desk here.

I have used AppBrain for apps backup only, and can easily transfer photos, music, and movies.

My biggest question is 3 fold...
    1- How to move app AND accompanying data.

2- I'd rather not just "swap" the sd card, since it appears I have loads of other residual data from other apps. At least that's my guess based on some folders on the SD I have no clue what they contain. LOL

3- What order should I be doing this all in? First "backup" D1, Then activate DX, then Upload to DX?

Thanks in advance, hope its not seeking too much help.
    Also...MODS, hope this is the correct forum.

Thanks,
    Frank

Advertisement
  2. deskset

deskset Active Member

I did not take the old Droid SD card out of the phone either.
    What I did was:
    -create a new folder on the computer and label it 'Droid Backup' or something similar.
    -Mount your original Droid on your computer and set it to the usual mass storage option
    -Open the drive icon for the Droid SD Card. You will see lots of folders. -Highlight all of the folders on the Droid SD card and drag them to the 'Droid Backup' folder on the computer and wait for the items to be copied.
    -Dismount the Droid SD Card in the usual manner.

When you activate the DX:
    -swipe down the notification pane and select the USB icon to mount the phone and select 'mass storage'. Wait until you see the drive mounted on your computer.
    -Open your 'Droid Backup' folder on your computer. Copy all of the folders and drag the folders to the SD Card on the DX.
    -When finished, drag the DX drive icon to the recycle bin/trash to begin to dismount the SD card.
    --To complete the dismount on the DX, swipe down the notification pane and select the USB icon. Change the option from 'mass storage' to 'charge only'.
    --unplug the phone from the computer.

Hope this helps.

gimmeanathlon likes this.
  3. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It was very helpful.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer.

"Thanks" heading your way :D